Sunday, September 11, 2016

Discovering my why

My best friend likes to remind me of the day we first met. We were both 5 years old and her grandmother came to visit my mum and brought her granddaughter because they thought we should meet. I was proud to be able to offer my new friend a seat at my little kid´s table in our living room. We started with the classic conversation "what do you want to do when you grow up?". My response then and ever since was that I wanted to be a veterinarian. I wanted to work with animals and help them to have the best life possible while in the care of human animals. When I finally reached my dream of becoming a veterinarian and started my dream job in small animal veterinary practice I noticed that so many dogs and cats were being euthanized because of behavioural problems. Having gone through the pain of euthanizing my own dog because of a serious behavioural problem I understood the feelings of these owners. But there was not enough time in the clinical setting to help them. So I started to learn behavioural medicine and eventually stopped working in clinical practice and began devoting my time to helping pet owners prevent and solve behavioural problems. I´m excited to teach people how to achieve more harmony in their relationship with their pet so that everyone can enjoy life more.

Eventually I discovered that I could follow my passion and also live a freedom lifestyle. It may sound silly but one of the most appealing things about working from home is the ability to set my own hours and not wake up to the sound of an alarm clock.


This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 2 [insert URL for this blog post, which is http://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/10DBC-Day-2]

No comments:

Post a Comment