Sunday, September 11, 2016

Finding my focus


1. I think one of my biggest challenges is my money blocks. I was brought up by a single parent who never had much money and always told that rich people were dishonest and that honest people would never become rich. My parents were not together and I never had much contact with my dad as a kid, but he would always have money and buy me expensive presents instead of spending time together. This made me think that being poor was a virtue and that I should just be thankful for what I have and not seek financial rewards. I chose a profession from the heart without thinking about financial rewards. I still have feelings of guilt when I charge for my services, even though I know that I provide excellent value to my clients. I´m getting better at adopting an abundance mindset, but it´s still a challenge.

2. Another challenge is procrastination. I´m very good at it. I get easily overwhelmed when I have a large task or many projects going on and end up waisting too much time on social media, reading, chatting with friends or other distractions instead of getting started on my projects. This problem was less of a problem for me when I was working as a vet in a veterinary clinic where your day is pretty much planned ahead for you and there is not even time to take a coffee break or lunch even. So I´m used to working in a high intensity environment, although I now realize that in the end it was causing me a lot of stress and I was on the brink of burnout when I decided to take a break from it all. Moving to Italy was definately a way for me to learn a whole new way of living, enjoying life instead of just racing to the finish line/an early grave. But now I have to find a balance between enjoying the dolce vita and getting shit done!

“This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 1 [insert URL for this blog post, which is http://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/10DBC-Day-1]”

No comments:

Post a Comment